Subject: Re: Package config/var file paths proposal
To: Hubert Feyrer <>
From: Curt Sampson <>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 01/08/1999 15:14:39
On Fri, 8 Jan 1999, Hubert Feyrer wrote:

> So, set LOCALBASE in /etc/mk.conf (setting X11BASE won't buy you much
> thanks to X11 stupidity), and you can nuke that dirs off if you wish.

Sure. But this won't work once we start putting stuff directly in
/etc and /var, rather than using LOCALBASE.

I don't have a huge problem with this if nobody else does, as I
can work around it at the expense of a little time, but I don't to
make sure that everybody knows that we are giving up that feature.

Curt Sampson  <>   604 801 5335   De gustibus, aut bene aut nihil.
The most widely ported operating system in the world: