Subject: Re: Package config/var file paths proposal
To: Hubert Feyrer <firstname.lastname@example.org>
From: Trouble Free RecepPFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF <email@example.com>
Date: 01/07/1999 22:53:06
Hubert Feyrer sez:
* On Thu, 7 Jan 1999, Curt Sampson wrote:
* > > With a file-to-package database, not too much of a problem. Especially
* > > less so if we move to a base system that is also based on packages one
* > > day...
* > If that's the case, why have any separate directories for packages
* > at all? Why not just install the files in /usr/bin, etc.?
Availability of resources does not imply consensual abuse of same.
I don't WANT a 400MB /usr. That's why I have /usr/local!
* Not yet.
I don't like the sound of that.
Been there. Done that. Bought the T-shirt. Destroyed the planet. Left.