Subject: Re: Package config/var file paths proposal
To: Hubert Feyrer <hubert.feyrer@rz.uni-regensburg.de>
From: Curt Sampson <cjs@cynic.net>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 01/07/1999 22:12:32
On Fri, 8 Jan 1999, Hubert Feyrer wrote:

> > > We should rather put up some effort so they don"t _have_ to.
> > Sure. What's your proposal for how this can be done?
>
> I don't know - I never had to do it - why did you have to?
> (I can hardly propose solutions for problems i don't know/have :-)

Currently, when working on getting the install procedures and PLIST
for a package set up properly, it's pretty easy to end up with junk
files lying around. It would be nice to have a simple way of getting
rid of these. One way is to be able to put everything in a separate
tree while developing. I'm open to other methods, but I've not seen
one yet.

cjs
--
Curt Sampson  <cjs@cynic.net>   604 801 5335   De gustibus, aut bene aut nihil.