Subject: RE: ./scripts vs Makefile target?
To: None <>
From: Tim Rightnour <>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 01/05/1999 10:56:29
On 05-Jan-99 spoke unto us all:
#  If I have a smallish operation I want to do in a package before patching,
#  is it prefered to make a shell script in "./scripts/pre-patch", or to make
#  a "pre-patch" target in the pkgsrc Makefile?  I've seen it done both ways.

Generally scripts are used if its a big operation.. or you want to do something
horribly complex and need perl, or whatever..  for something relatively simple,
I allways try to use the makefile targets.. so people dont have to go exploring
my directories to figure out how to fix things.

Tim Rightnour  -
Free Multi-Platform Operating System:
NetBSD Mailing lists on the web: