Subject: Re: How does a ELF system find libs at runtime?
To: Thorsten Frueauf <>
From: Tim Rightnour <>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 01/04/1999 11:32:51
On 04-Jan-99 Thorsten Frueauf spoke unto us all:
#  Ok, I guess we need to always provide that to pkgs then. We seem to
#  set that as LDFLAGS in, but this seems not always go its
#  way to the build env...

Generally this fails under two conditions:

a) Imake.  alpha imake is fixed to automaticly generate a -R option for
/usr/X11R6/lib., if pmax isn't.. you lose.

b) the interior makefile does a LDFLAGS=foo.. you need to += it and things
should be happy..  I've tried to get as many as I can.. but I dont run most of
them.. so I can only catch them by eye when they are compiling.

Tim Rightnour  -
Free Multi-Platform Operating System:
NetBSD Mailing lists on the web: