Subject: Re: How does a ELF system find libs at runtime?
To: Thorsten Frueauf <>
From: Todd Vierling <>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 01/04/1999 08:41:30
On Mon, 4 Jan 1999, Thorsten Frueauf wrote:

: Ok, I guess we need to always provide that to pkgs then. We seem to
: set that as LDFLAGS in, but this seems not always go its
: way to the build env...

It normally does, but:

: > Then there's something wrong with the X11R6 imake configuration.
(for mips.  xlockmore uses imake, not our LDFLAGS.)

: > This is reinventing, which we are trying to avoid.  The intent is
: > to make X11 and pkgsrc completely nondependent on such crutches.  ;)
: I know that... but still this would help as fallback to make live
: easier. At least /usr/local seems to be in there...

I won't continue a debate on this subject.  I'm deliberately agnostic.  :-P

-- Todd Vierling (Personal; Bus.