Subject: None
To: <>
From: tech-pkg <nbsdtp@earth.lbl.gov>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 12/29/1998 13:06:24
I see that people mention that some packages have been compiled
and are stored off site (for example today someone posted about
a samba graphical front end available).

Do these packages ever make it into the package collection
at netbsd.org, or does one have to surf the internet and past
mail postings to track them down?

If the latter is the case, it is time to somehow add all these
links into the netbsd hypertext documentation.  Perhaps a server
could be set up so that the contributor could send in the link
and a short description and the link would be added automatically!

I suppose this would create all sorts of security and other problems
and that its best just to make sure that the packages get submitted
to netbsd.org.

Comments?