Subject: pkgsrc jpeg doesn't build a shared library....
To: NetBSD Packages Technical Discussion List <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Greg A. Woods <woods@most.weird.com>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 12/23/1998 20:06:40
(This is from pkgsrc sup'ed about Nov.16)

The jpeg package doesn't seem to build a shared library on 1.3I/i386,
even though pkglibtool is installed, and even though jpeg's configure
mentions a version number for the library.  The PLIST seems to expect a
shared library too:

===>  Registering installation for jpeg-6b
pkg_create: can't stat `/usr/pkg/lib/libjpeg.so.62.0'

Note that I have USE_LOCALBASE_FOR_X11 defined, and xpkgwedge is also
installed.  This may make the difference since on my 1.3.2/sparc the
shared library was built and installed.

Shared libraries do build for other packages though, such as png.

Has anyone else run into this?

--
							Greg A. Woods