Subject: Re: Removal of Edited Config Files
To: NetBSD Packages Technical Discussion List <>
From: Curt Sampson <>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 12/20/1998 23:43:18
On Sat, 19 Dec 1998, Greg A. Woods wrote:

> First off you should have backups so that you can recover lost
> information, regardless of who's fingers are guilty of deleting it.

I find this sort of reasoning is no excuse whatsoever for going
around deleting user-entered information. I suspect that if I went
around your hard disk this evening deleting random stuff that I
thought you weren't using, you wouldn't be too happy.

Regardless, I guess we'll just never see eye to eye on this issue,
so I'll just leave off it now.

Curt Sampson  <>   604 801 5335   De gustibus, aut bene aut nihil.
The most widely ported operating system in the world: