Subject: Re: /usr/pkg/etc vs. /etc
To: Simon J. Gerraty <sjg@quick.com.au>
From: Dave Millen <webmaster@largesalad.co.uk>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 12/11/1998 13:49:06
"Simon J. Gerraty" wrote:

> Firstly, a big thanks to all those that have put so much work
> into pkgsrc  I've used it to install quite a few bits and pieces...

Seconded!

> I think I tend to agree.  I was pleased when I saw the recent
> apache pkg stuff announced - until I read the extent to which the
> config etc had been frobbed - a lot of very useful work done that
> I may not be able to use - and still integrate it into the way we
> do things here and at other sites.

Likewise - I still can't get apache to run a script that uses perl since I
upgraded from 1.3.0 to 1.3.3.2, although it serves pages well. Any perl scripts
get a permission denied error, but scripts without perl work fine!.

regards,
Dave
--
Make it idiot-proof and someone will make a better idiot!

e-mail: webmaster@largesalad.co.uk
net: http://www.largesalad.co.uk/DJMsoft/