Subject: Re: /usr/pkg/etc vs. /etc
To: NetBSD Packages Technical Discussion List <>
From: Computo Ergo Checksum <>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 12/10/1998 18:30:36
Greg A. Woods sez:
 * SSH is a *bad* example.  If you find it disconcerting like I did, then
 * apply the following patch before you build and install it:
 * retrieving revision
 * diff -r1.1.1.10 Makefile
 * 26c26
 * < SSH_CONF_DIR?=                /etc
 * ---
 * > SSH_CONF_DIR?=                /usr/pkg/etc

Shouldn't that be made into

 * NOTE:  I do *NOT* want this patch applied to the NetBSD sources!

Actually, a pretty strong case COULD be made for this one, I think...

# " raise a signal means to turn the light on; ... Responding to a
#  signal means turning the light off (and, under System V, hoping the bulb
#  won't blow when it's next turned on)..." -- Dan Bernstein