Subject: Re: /usr/pkg/etc vs. /etc
To: NetBSD Packages Technical Discussion List <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Computo Ergo Checksum <greywolf@starwolf.com>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 12/10/1998 18:30:36
Greg A. Woods sez:
/*
 * SSH is a *bad* example.  If you find it disconcerting like I did, then
 * apply the following patch before you build and install it:
 *
 * retrieving revision 1.1.1.10
 * diff -r1.1.1.10 Makefile
 * 26c26
 * < SSH_CONF_DIR?=                /etc
 * ---
 * > SSH_CONF_DIR?=                /usr/pkg/etc

Shouldn't that be made into

	SSH_CONF_DIR?=		${LOCALBASE}/etc

instead?

 *
 *
 * NOTE:  I do *NOT* want this patch applied to the NetBSD sources!

Actually, a pretty strong case COULD be made for this one, I think...

 */

				--*greywolf;
--
# greywolf@starwolf.com
# "...to raise a signal means to turn the light on; ... Responding to a