Subject: Problem with scripts in apache-1.3.3.2
To: NetBSD-pkg <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Dave Millen <webmaster@largesalad.co.uk>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 12/06/1998 22:42:39
Hi,

I have just upgraded my site development system from 1.3.0 to 1.3.3 and now,
apache will not run any of my perl scripts - either as '.pl' or '.cgi'.

I have modified the appropriate sections of access.conf, httpd.conf and srm.conf
to cover the virtual hosts used, setting 'options ExecCGI' for the cgi-bin
directories. These are all now set to match how they were under 1.3.0.

The error_log for a failure is as follows(date removed for clarity):

[error] (13)Permission denied: exec of
/var/www/docs/www.largesalad.co.uk/cgi-bin/perldb.cgi failed
[error] [client 192.168.0.1] Premature end of script headers:
/var/www/docs/www.largesalad.co.uk/cgi-bin/perldb.cgi

perldb.cgi and the calling page worked fine on 1.3.0 and still work when tested
on an ISP's server, so the problem must be in my setup.

The requests are getting to the correct script, but are failing(I think) to run
perl. I say this because if the first line of the script is changed (from
'#!/usr/pkg/bin/perl') to a nonsense statement, the first error line above
changes to something like:

[error] Invalid exec format:
/var/www/docs/www.largesalad.co.uk/cgi-bin/perldb.cgi

Can anyone tell me what I have overlooked or failed to set?

regards,
Dave
--
Make it idiot-proof and someone will make a better idiot!

e-mail: webmaster@largesalad.co.uk
net: http://www.largesalad.co.uk/DJMsoft/