Subject: Re: Game score and config file handling
To: Christoph Badura <firstname.lastname@example.org>
From: Not for internal consumption <email@example.com>
Date: 12/03/1998 10:16:30
Pardon me for sticking my fuzzy muzzle in this debate, but doesn't /var
imply "machine-specific", i.e. wouldn't "site-wide /var/*" be a pimpled
Christoph Badura sez:
* firstname.lastname@example.org (Simon Burge) writes:
* >So, does anyone mind if I create a $PREFIX/share/games, $PREFIX/var and
* >a $PREFIX/var/games in mk/NetBSD.pkg.dist?
* Yes, I do!
* This change implies that I have to mount $PREFIX read-write. That should
* *not* be necessary. The score files belong into /var/games. Besides, anyone
* who wants to have site-wide score files needs to share /var/games anyway.
* Christoph Badura
* Verlag O'Reilly
Sun hardware is great stuff. It's too bad their software has taken
such a downturn.