Subject: Re: Packages that use X, but not IMAKE, fail to find all libs
To: Frederick Bruckman <>
From: Todd Vierling <>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 11/14/1998 11:20:07
On Sat, 14 Nov 1998, Frederick Bruckman wrote:

: > In the Makefile of the pkg(s) that need it.  It's not good to insert lots of
: > "extra" stuff into CFLAGS and LDFLAGS by default.
: Interestingly, CONFIGURE_ENV is already set in the Makefile, but the
: LDFLAGS definition there is overwritten by

The setting in should make use of LDFLAGS from the Makefile, just
like CFLAGS does.  If so, the pkg Makefile should be setting LDFLAGS instead

: +		CPPFLAGS="-I${LOCALBASE}/include -I${X11BASE}/include"

If this is after, it should be +=, NOT =.  The
-Wl,-R${PREFIX}/lib should always be there.

-- Todd Vierling (Personal; Bus.