Subject: Where can I get a new libg++?
To: NetBSD-pkg <>
From: Dave Millen <>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 11/12/1998 14:30:59

I have found this when trying to recompile certain packages after upgrading from
1.3.2 to the arm32 19981001-snapshot:

     /usr/libexec/ Undefined symbol "_re_compile_pattern" called from
     moc:/usr/lib/ at 0x2007667c

Some packages compile OK and some show the above.

The libg++ that is currently on my system is date stamped 20th May 1998, so it
was compiled with the 1.3.2 clib etc. and this is presumably where the error

The libg++ in pkgsrc tells me that it is only for 1.4 and that for 1.3x it is
in-tree. Where? It doesn't seem to be in the snapshot's usr.src.lib.tar.gz and
there is nothing in a recently supped /usr/src/lib*.

Can anyone point me at a more or less current libg++ or tell me what else may be
causing the error.

Make it idiot-proof and someone will make a better idiot!