Subject: Re: web format pkg-CHANGES
To: None <rh@vip.at>
From: David Brownlee <abs@anim.dreamworks.com>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 11/09/1998 09:52:39
On Sat, 7 Nov 1998, Rene Hexel wrote:

> David Brownlee wrote:
>
> >                 http://www.netbsd.org/Changes/pkg-changes.html
> > [...]
> >         Comments/suggestions welcomed :)
>
>   Looks great, I like it!  I'd have the following suggestions, though:

	Thanks! :)

>   - The list is currently very large, so it might be a good idea to
>     actually generate two lists (one by date and one by package).

	I agree, but I may also end up generating a whole lot of CHANGES
	related files to be used in some server side includes, so I'm
	going to defer this one for a little while :)

>   - It would be nice to have cross-links to the actual package
> descriptions
>     on ftp.netbsd.org (like in
> http://www.netbsd.org/Changes/packages.html),
>     and, perhaps, vice versa.

	Definitely! - I have some code used in the old packages changes
		http://www.netbsd.org/Changes/packages.html
	and my next step was going to be to add that into
	pkg-changes.html, plus also try to get each package description
	and homepage (if any) added to the 'bypkg' listing.

	Watch this space!

		David/absolute

                      Neighbours should be one of:
                a) Understanding   b) Distant   c) Deaf