Subject: Re: Whee
To: Charles M. Hannum <root@ihack.net>
From: Shyeah right. What am I gonna do with a gun rack? <greywolf@starwolf.starwolf.com>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 10/19/1998 09:58:45
"Charles M. Hannum" sez:
/*
 *
 * The GIMP didn't build correctly as of a few days ago; because it
 * didn't include -L${LOCALBASE}, it was unable to find the tiff, png,
 * jpeg and mpeg libraries.
 *
 * The following seems obviously right to me; if you're going to -R a
 * directory, it makes no sense to not also -L it.
 *

Indeed.

Could some kind soul explain to me why you'd want to use different
paths for -R and -L, seeing as -R is the run-time path and -L is the
link time path?  When would these two be different?  I've certainly
never run into such an instance of reality.  I think I can see the
theory, but not the practice.

 */

				--*greywolf;
--
I want to upgrade my system from Solaris 2.0 to 4.4 BSD.