Subject: Another distfiles question.
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Simon Burge <simonb@telstra.com.au>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 10/16/1998 11:48:07
After a few mail messages, I'm now trying the following for my packages
setup (-current on an i386):

	/usr/pkgsrc  is NFS read-only mounted from mirror:/ftp/pub/NetBSD/packages/pkgsrc
	/usr/pkgdist is NFS read-only mounted from mirror:/ftp/pub/NetBSD/packages/distfiles

I've got the following in /etc/mk.conf:

	WRKOBJDIR=  /var/tmp
	DISTDIR=    /usr/pkgdist

I went to build the latest pkg_install package, but it can't
find the pkg_install-19980911.tar.gz archive because it lives in
.../distfiles/LOCAL_PORTS and not .../distfiles .

Looking through the teck-pkg archives, I can't find the purpose of the
LOCAL_PORTS directory.  At the moment the following live both in the
main distfiles directory and the LOCAL_PORTS directory, and are the same
file:

	cdd-1.0myc2.tar.gz
	compat12-i386.tar.gz
	f2c-19980516.tar.gz
	vista.tar.gz
	xdm3d-1.0.tar.gz

Any hints?  An easy solution (for me) would be a symlink for all the
LOCAL_PORTS files in the distfiles directory - or no LOCAL_PORTS
directory at all!

Simon.  (And thanks for all the suggestions so far to this package
newbie!)