Subject: Re: Need help regarding cross compiler x386 --> arm32
To: Eshanye <esha@sharada.ncore.soft.net>
From: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.lip6.fr>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 10/14/1998 18:11:11
On Oct 14, Eshanye wrote
> Hi,
>
> Very recently I put my hands into NETBSD, so need some quick help !
>

> 1)  I want a cross compiler for  x386 -->arm32. Can anybody tell me what
>
> are the steps I should follow to build a cross compiler ?.
>
> 2) Since all my drivers developed are going to be built on X386 (host
> machine) since the product with arm32 (target machine) is not ready
> presently. So where can I get a cross assembler and cross linker for
> x386--->arm32. Should I build them too, if so what are the steps.

You need a cross-assembler and cross-linker too. I think the GNU gcc and
binutils will work for this, but I'm not familiar with the arm32 port.
I hope someone else will speak about this :)

> 3) what are the development tools NetBsd Has ? I mean, if I am planning
> to develop a device driver, then are the library files availble in
> netbsd itself or should I get, a separate, some kind of DDK for NetBsd?

You just need the kernel sources, nothing else.

> 4) what are the debuggers available in NetBsd ?

gdb (and all its graphical front-ends), and ddb, the in-kernel debugger.