Subject: Re: linux_libs pkg
To: Matthias Scheler <tron@lyssa.owl.de>
From: Hubert Feyrer <feyrer@rfhs8012.fh-regensburg.de>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 10/09/1998 13:38:12
On Fri, 9 Oct 1998, Matthias Scheler wrote:
> Too late, we'll definitely get one.

I don't hope so too.

The reason why I wanted to bring this up now is to have some reason
stated, and what you say is quite valid for me. I don't know how far SuSE
and RedHat differ, and as long as everything works, I don't care where the
contents of our linux_libs pkg come from. The only thing I'd really want
to avoid is having several of these lib-pkgs, and leave the users to
decide which one they need - that's a decision we have to take for them,
and I do trust you there, Matthias. :-)

(now if Linux was a (one!) real operating system, we wouldn't even have to
think about this but well... *sigh*)

 - Hubert

--
Hubert Feyrer <hubert.feyrer@rz.uni-regensburg.de>