Subject: Re: linux_libs pkg
To: Matthias Scheler <tron@lyssa.owl.de>
From: Soren S. Jorvang <soren@t.dk>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 10/09/1998 13:20:50
On Fri, Oct 09, 1998 at 01:13:26PM +0200, Matthias Scheler wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 09, 1998 at 12:59:31PM +0200, Soren S. Jorvang wrote:
> > Why would you choose SuSE over Debian?
>
> Why would I choose Debilian over SuSE?
>
> [Hubert: That's exactly why I did NOT want a discussion about this.]

Please. I ask out of near-complete ignorance.

No flame-war intended. (I didn't even foresee one, assumning
that Linux distributions woulndn't be too hot a topic on this list.)

My impression is that both Debian and SuSE are superior to Red Hat,
mostly judging by what I have seen of Red Hat :-)

I remember something about Debian having a reasonable, BSD-like
build-from-source system for their packages. That might be
interesting for, say, building the compatibility libraries
from source using the cross/*linux* packages.

I have no experience whatsoever with SuSE. Please educate me.

Choose the best. I'd just like to hear why you think that choice
is the best.

--
Soren