Subject: Re: PROPOSAL: NetBSD System Packages (LONG)
To: Jim Wise <jwise@unicast.com>
From: Hubert Feyrer <feyrer@rfhs8012.fh-regensburg.de>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 10/02/1998 23:55:44
On Fri, 2 Oct 1998, Jim Wise wrote:
> I really don't understand this one.  Aside from taking another chance to
> let us all know that you don't want package sets, are you saying that
> package sets and package upgrading are in conflict?

Conflicting not in functionality, but for sure in the code they affect.
Maybe take some time to read throught that code and you'll understand then
that merging in two new features at the same time is a bad idea.

> tools slightly.  Both Jonathan and myself have repeatedly asked for the
> guidance of the pkg-people in achieving this (you are our experts in
> these tools, after all).  All I have seen from you in response is
> arguments that the basic requirements for installation sets be thrown
> away if they are not easily met with today's package tools.

Both Jonathan and you keep bringing the same arguments again and again
until someone agrees in resignation because you don't listen to their
arguments. If you can't live with the fact that not everyone jumps if you
want it you'd better get used to it now.

For the guidence part, you've received a piece of (private) email today
telling you what we can offer right now.

Over and out.

 - Hubert

--
Hubert Feyrer <hubert.feyrer@rz.uni-regensburg.de>