Subject: Re: PROPOSAL: NetBSD System Packages (LONG)
To: Simon Burge <simonb@telstra.com.au>
From: Hubert Feyrer <feyrer@rfhs8012.fh-regensburg.de>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 10/01/1998 10:48:15
On Thu, 1 Oct 1998, Simon Burge wrote:
> [ Is everyone in this discussion on tech-install at the moment ???? ]

Whereever - I'd appreciate not getting every mail three times 8-)

> I think this sums up nicely the concept of pkgsets - "containers".
> Extracting these may be just as easy as (using a gtar'ism):
>
> 	tar --to-stdout -xzf misc.tgz dict | pkg_add -
>
> which would extract the dict object out of the misc pkgset and run it
> through pkg_add.  Maybe it's as "simple" as that.  For example:
>
> 	% tar tfz misc.tgz
> 	+SETCONTENTS

Looks good to me - maybe add this to pkg_add and look for "+*CONTENTS",
then see what you get - that way you can even store a pkgset in a pkgset
(not sure about exact semantics & implementation details here)

 - Hubert

--
Hubert Feyrer <hubert.feyrer@rz.uni-regensburg.de>