Subject: Re: PROPOSAL: NetBSD System Packages (LONG)
To: Hubert Feyrer <feyrer@rfhs8012.fh-regensburg.de>
From: Jonathan Stone <jonathan@DSG.Stanford.EDU>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 09/30/1998 17:23:07
I think we've gotten close to agreement (or is it resignation?)
on pkgsets.

Hubert: suppose we make pkgsets strict supersets of pkgs.  Maybe we
add a +RECURSE file as second entry, or even instead of a +CONTENTS.
(I'm not committed to particular details.)

What do you think of revamping the "normal" pkg_* tools so that they
grok the pkgset format, and invoke themselves recursively on each
element of the pkgsets' contents, as either a pkg or another pkgset?
Maybe ignoring files that're "tape-recorded sysinst options"?

If thats OK with you and the pkg people, it seems like a
win/win to me.