Subject: Re: PROPOSAL: NetBSD System Packages
To: Hubert Feyrer <>
From: Todd Vierling <>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 09/30/1998 19:52:36
On Thu, 1 Oct 1998, Hubert Feyrer wrote:

: > - enable all three, potentially clashing with a different POP3 server
: >   installed by choice
: > - enable only imap, making the autoconfiguration inconsistent
:  - split it into an imap- and (at least one) pop-pkg, and handle
:    each one individually.

You mean split it into _three_ pkgs?  That pkg is set up to make the shared
code (there's a lot of it) be a shared library.  Now we get into the "more
trouble than it's worth" category.

If the AUTOINSTALL, or whatever "auto-clueful" script you want to call it,
script can be interactive, then we don't have this problem.

-- Todd Vierling (Personal; Bus.