Subject: Fix: DEPENDS-wildcards in pkg_*
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Hubert Feyrer <feyrer@rfhs8012.fh-regensburg.de>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 09/20/1998 22:15:14
Hi Guys,

in the two URLs mentioned at the bottom of this mail you 'll find two
diffs, one's against src/usr.sbin/pkg_install as of 19980918 (cvs co
-D19980819, if you want), the other's against pkgsrc/mk/bsd.pkg.mk, same
date.

What this does is make pkg_* aware for pkg-patterns which were possible in
pkg Makefiles' DEPENDS for quite some time now, and which pkg_info also
understood.

The internal structure of pkg_info and some other code was ripped apart
and reassembled to get some useful functions, which will also aid in the
upcoming pkg-upgrading process (which shouldn't be too hard with this
committed - gimme one more free weekend, and we're there!) bsd.pkg.mk was
beaten to write pkg-patterns into the +CONTENTS file, not do any
highly-bogus stunts like grabbing the pkg-number from the one that happens
to be in pkgsrc right now, regardless of what the user has installed.
(This is for DEPENDS only - see my other mail about USE_MOTIF!)

This code was tested with some common cases, if someone wants to look
through it, I'll be glad for (constructive :) feedback. I will commit this
as soon as our freeze is over (or sooner, if Al thinks a branch makes
sense - Al?).

Have a nice day,

		Hubert

P.S.: Here are the diffs' URLS: