Subject: pkgsrc mini-freeze
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Alistair Crooks <azcb0@amdahl.com>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 09/08/1998 09:51:18
It's been 3 months now since pkgsrc was tagged for 1.3.2, and we've
added a whole raft of packages since then.  We've got some significant
new features in the packaging system itself, and in the pipeline, and
given the good results we had with the shakeout for 1.3.2, it made
sense to call a mini-freeze in pkgsrc, which actually started on
Monday September 7th, 08:00 GMT.  This is mainly because we want to
consolidate things now, to try building pkgsrc on as many NetBSD
platforms as we can, and to move on.

So I apologise if your package submissions are not addressed straight
away whilst the freeze is on, but please bear with us - it's for the
good of everyone that we isolate and fix any bugs as soon as possible.
Whilst the freeze is on, no new packages will be added to the Packages
Collection.

I envisage that this should take about a week of elapsed time.  Should
anyone feel the urge to try a recent copy of pkgsrc out on one of the
more esoteric architectures, I'm sure that both the pkgsrc people and
the port-master would be grateful.

[I've just finished running through lang and x11 on NetBSD/i386, BTW,
which you may have guessed from the commit messages.]

Alistair