Subject: httpd: cannot determine local host name
To: None <cjs@netbsd.org>
From: Hubert Feyrer <feyrer@rfhs8012.fh-regensburg.de>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 09/05/1998 22:08:57
	Good evening,

        Installing the apache pkg and starting like suggested
        doesn't work without tweaking some files first:

        miyu# /usr/pkg/sbin/apachectl start
        httpd: cannot determine local host name.
        Use ServerName to set it manually.
        /usr/pkg/sbin/apachectl start: httpd could not be started

        I'm running a DNS on this machine, and /etc/hosts only
        has the hostname without domain listed:
        10.0.0.3        miyu ns www www-proxy irc news

        If I add the FQDN, this works. Can we fix this somehow
	(maybe by not adding a '#' in front of the ServerName in
	httpd.conf that's determined correctly)?

	The right solution (to me) would be to fix apache here,
	but i guess that's beyond our scope.

		 - Hubert

--
Hubert Feyrer <hubert.feyrer@rz.uni-regensburg.de>