Subject: Two package-suggestions
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Paul Boven <paul@wit399401.student.utwente.nl>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 08/31/1998 19:23:19
Hi folks,

While playing around with the packaging system, I kept running into
one problem: losing my dynamic libraries.

Whenever a packages installs (and the system automatically installs
packages it deems neccesary, even when I haven't typed "make install")
something to .../pkg/lib it will run ldconfig at the end to make the
new libraries available. This however overwrites the whole table so all
my other libraries (for instance for X) are gone. I think ik would be
a very good idea to use "ldconfig -m" instead.

Happy hacking, Paul.
Paul Boven, <e.p.boven@student.utwente.nl>  PE1NUT  QRV 145.575 JO32KF
    Black holes collect problems faster than they collect matter
                   (Carl Sagan, in Contact)