Subject: Re: a couple of package related issues
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Jim Bernard <jbernard@ox.mines.edu>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 08/30/1998 19:15:19
  I can't resist pointing out that, if we had rc.d or something similar,
there would be no issue here at all.  pkg_add would dump a script into a
standard location, and the system administrator would examine and activate
it at his/her leisure.  Of course, the very mention of the concept is
considered blasphemy by some.