Subject: Re: a couple of package related issues
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Kimmo Suominen <kim@tac.nyc.ny.us>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 08/30/1998 18:05:30
Maybe I've missed the outcome on the shutdown.d and startup.d (or some
such names) directories (having been out sick for a week).  Did we decide
against them?  I thought a bunch of people were approving of the general
idea, while there was debate on specifics.

I'd just really hate the idea of packages modifying my /etc/rc.local at
any point.  I keep it in RCS, which they cannot know, and I don't think
you can always just simply append to it (dependencies won't be right).

Actually, I don't like the automatic modification of /etc/shells, either.
But that's probably just me...  :-)

+ Kim

--
Kimmo Suominen