Subject: RE: a couple of package related issues
To: Luke Mewburn <lukem@netbsd.org>
From: Tim Rightnour <root@garbled.net>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 08/30/1998 05:02:30
On 30-Aug-98 Luke Mewburn spoke unto us all:
#  * do we have a way to execute post-pkg installation commands, or
#    to setup files in /etc iff necessary?

No..  I think this would be a good thing.. such as pkg_setup apache would go
and stuff it in /etc/rc.local.. but someone needs to do framework for that..

It could be very simple..  such as a directory called setup, with files that
get stuffed in /etc, and a SETUP file with mods to various config files:
SETUP:
@append rc.local /usr/pkg/bin/apache

would add a checkyesno string to /etc/rc.conf, and appropriate magic to
/etc/rc.local, and turn it on.  Like I said though..  someone needs to do
the actual code.. and thats probably out of my leauge for now..

#    i'd like to propose that we add support for
#       /etc/changelist.pkg
#    which gets read by /etc/security if $check_changelist==YES

I like that..  would require more mods to pkg_add though.. such as a
@changelist token..

---
Tim Rightnour    -  root@garbled.net
http://www.zynetwc.com/~garbled/garbled.html