Subject: Re: Wildcard DEPENDS and CONFLICTS in pkgsrc
To: Hubert Feyrer <feyrer@rfhs8012.fh-regensburg.de>
From: Alistair Crooks <azcb0@amdahl.com>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 08/28/1998 02:11:57
> On Thu, 27 Aug 1998, Alistair Crooks wrote:
> > i.e. already done.
>
> Excellent! So i guess we can substitute the "csh -f" falls in bsd.pkg.mk
> back to "pkg_info -e" falls... (now that we have some measures to assure
> people do have current pkg-* tools)

We don't yet have measures to assure people have up to date pkg_* tools,
although the proposed pkg_install pkg that I posted here is a good
start.  I'll put the "pkg_info -e" back into bsd.pkg.mk for CONFLICTS
and DEPENDS (and modify the package-name part of fake-pkg) only when
we're sure that the "grab the -current pkg_* tools" package works fine,
and is committed.

This will be done RSN.

Alistair