Subject: Re: default user-mail-dir
To: Hubert Feyrer <>
From: Todd Vierling <>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 08/27/1998 18:53:40
On Thu, 27 Aug 1998, Hubert Feyrer wrote:

: I just had to recompile pine as I want it to store users' mails in ~/Mail
: instead of ~/mail (the "mail-directory" setting seems to be ignored :-/).

(it defaults to folder-collections=mail/[])

: Before blindly committing this change, I'd like to ask if there's a
: certain standard (in NetBSD/general) for this. Anyone?

No.  Pine's default (and imapd's) is mail/, and if you want something
different, "you should set a config variable for it."  That's why the config
variables are there.

-- Todd Vierling (Personal; Bus.