Subject: Re: php3 package
To: Brook Milligan <brook@trillium.NMSU.Edu>
From: Curt Sampson <cjs@portal.ca>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 08/19/1998 12:11:20
On Wed, 19 Aug 1998, Brook Milligan wrote:

> I am having trouble with the php3 package.  The URLs don't seem to
> work (see below).  Any ideas?
> >> php-3.0.2a.tar.gz doesn't seem to exist on this system.
> >> Attempting to fetch php-3.0.2a.tar.gz from http://ca.php.net/distributions/.
> ftp: Error retrieving file: 404 Not Found

Yeah, I sent a note to them about that and didn't get a response.
I've seen this with mysql, too; for some reason, some PHP3-enabled
web servers appear to give files to Netscape, but not to our FTP
client. (It doesn't work if you telnet to port 80 and do the GET
manually, either; there must be a header line of some sort missing
here.)

I never got a response from them.

cjs

Curt Sampson    cjs@portal.ca	   Info at http://www.portal.ca/
Internet Portal Services, Inc.	   Through infinite mist, software reverberates