Subject: Re: Packages built from in-tree components
To: Todd Vierling <>
From: Tim Rightnour <>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 08/18/1998 13:45:49
On 18-Aug-98 Todd Vierling spoke unto us all:
#  On Tue, 18 Aug 1998, Tim Rightnour wrote:
# : The question here is.. is this the right thing to do for pkgs that are
# : basicly
# : modifications of in-tree code.
#  Yes.  Datestamp the tarball (distname-YYYYMMDD.tar.gz) and it can be put in
#  ${MASTER_SITE_LOCAL}.  Make sure the tarball is exact to the distribution,
#  and make any diffs into pkg patches.  Nuke CVS/RCS directories, if any.

Aww crap.. thats not what I did.. ;)  I patched it.. fixed up the Imakefile and
all the inconsistencies, built a tarball of that.. and had a patchless package.
Should I redo it all? (his patches do not apply cleanly in the least)

#  I have a ctm pkg that's been sitting idle for ages that would do the same
#  ting.... ;)

I figured this would happen eventually..

Tim Rightnour    -