Subject: Re: md5 checksums in pkg PLISTS
To: Todd Vierling <tv@pobox.com>
From: Tim Rightnour <root@garbled.net>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 08/10/1998 07:31:19
On 10-Aug-98 Todd Vierling spoke unto us all:
#  The @config line should be translated to something similar to:
#
#  @exec [ -f %D/etc/pine.conf ] || cp -p %F %D/etc/pine.conf

Clunk.. my mistake..  Should have read and thought about it at the same time.

# : Should and do aren't allways the same.. we are all human.. (I try my best
# : though! :)
#
#  "Point of information," I guess.  Education is what it's all about....

I usually get these right.. its the /etc vs /pkg/etc and /var/games vs
/pkg/share/game/scorfile issues I'm just going to stay out of until someone
comes out and says "do it this way, its documented."

Those two I see as a disasterous flamewar just waiting for a good spark.. (this
may have been it, good thing I'm going on vacation (should give the poor
pkg team time to catch up on all MY pr's.. some nights I feel sorry for
whomever is at the other end of those gnats messages))

---
Tim Rightnour    -  root@garbled.net
http://www.zynetwc.com/~garbled/garbled.html