Subject: Re: procmail package?
To: Perry E. Metzger <>
From: Tim Rightnour <>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 08/09/1998 15:49:00
On 09-Aug-98 Perry E. Metzger spoke unto us all:
#  Todd Vierling writes:
# > chmod -s /usr/pkg/bin/{procmail,lockfile}.  Your choice; that's all you
# > have to do.
#  How the hell do you even know you need to do it?

This isn't the greatest solution in the world.. but maybe we should place a
MESSAGE text in all the packages that create suid root(bin wotever) binaries
saying "Hey, I've just made your system insecure, this is why:"

Hell.. maybe we should just mail that to root.. that way people typing make
install in a tree and getting coffee won't miss it.

Tim Rightnour    -