Subject: Samba config files
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Kimmo Suominen <kim@tac.nyc.ny.us>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 08/09/1998 18:28:29
I wanted to make a note of this change here as well (don't know if all
of you read source-changes or not).

The configuration files for Samba are really machine specific and IMHO
cannot go into /usr/pkg.  I don't have all the same shares available
on all hosts (although I could use an include in smb.conf).

The password file is even more of a problem -- not all machines have
the same set of users.

I've modified the net/samba package to allow setting the ETC directory
and the PRIVATE directory (password file).  I've defaulted them to
/etc/samba and /etc/samba/private respectively.

+ Kim

--
Kimmo Suominen