Subject: Re: /usr/pkg/{etc,share}; /var/db/pkg
To: Todd Vierling <tv@pobox.com>
From: Curt Sampson <cjs@portal.ca>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 08/07/1998 15:59:02
On Fri, 31 Jul 1998, Todd Vierling wrote:

> However, /var/db/pkg is actually not as bad as you may think.  After all,
> there is /var/cron/tabs, which really would be better handled under /etc
> with this reasoning.

Oops. There's one thing that is an absolute pain if you lose /var:
I do think htat /var/cron/tabs should be under /etc. That, in fact,
is the only reason I backup /var on some machines.

cjs

Curt Sampson    cjs@portal.ca	   Info at http://www.portal.ca/
Internet Portal Services, Inc.	   Through infinite mist, software reverberates