Subject: Re: use of share vs lib
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Kimmo Suominen <kim@tac.nyc.ny.us>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 08/04/1998 16:12:15
I just ran into this same problem with samba and amanda.  I share /usr/pkg
between all hosts, so I cannot put host-specific files in there.

I modified samba and amanda to respect a few more variables that I can set
in my /etc/mk.conf now:

    AMANDA_CONFDIR= /etc/amanda
    SAMBA_PRIVATE=  /etc
    SAMBA_ETCDIR=   /etc

The question is, what should really be the default.

With samba not all the same shares will be available from all hosts, OTOH
you can include host specific stuff from /usr/pkg/etc/smb.conf (from /etc
or where ever you like).  However, I have not checked how to fix the defs
for printers (that's new stuff for me).

With amanda, though, not all the backup servers run the same dumps, and
I'd hate to keep distributing all the configs everywhere.

+ Kim

--
Kimmo Suominen