Subject: Re: use of share vs lib
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Kimmo Suominen <kim@tac.nyc.ny.us>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 08/04/1998 16:20:05
I've been placing the auth files in /var/run/xdm-auth and before
starting xdm I just run "install -d -m 0775 /var/run/xdm-auth".

I find the automatic cleaning of /var/run a benefit.  Otherwise
I'd need to clean the old auth files myself.  An auth file is
created for each client, whether it actually starts a session or
not.

+ Kim

--
Kimmo Suominen