Subject: Re: use of share vs lib
To: Ignatios Souvatzis <>
From: Tim Rightnour <>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 07/31/1998 03:08:06
On 31-Jul-98 Ignatios Souvatzis spoke unto us all:
#  shareable datafiles (e.g., text format, or with defined endianness etc.):
#  share

I agree.. most of what I'm talking about here are level files supplied with the
game, soundfiles, xpms, scorfiles, conf files.. etc etc..

#  nonshareable datafiles (e.g., binary format with whatever edndianesses or
#  long sizes or float formats happen to be around):
#  libdata

libdata would be an *excellent* place for someone to sit down and *fix* things
like fvwm which install *binaries* into /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fvwm

This is what we need to document..  what goes where, and why..

Tim Rightnour    -