Subject: Re: NetBSD master CVS tree commits
To: Christoph Badura <bad@ora.de>
From: Todd Vierling <tv@pobox.com>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 07/25/1998 16:28:15
On Sat, 25 Jul 1998, Christoph Badura wrote:

: >If you are going to go injecting code in someone's web server.. you had either
: >better warn them, make it interactive and optional "do you want me to inject
: >this?" or provide a "inject" script and tell the user "run this to inject the
: >needed configs into your config file /usr/pkg/etc/foo.conf"
:
: I loathe gratitously interactive packages.  They make it difficult
: to install systems automatically.

`Apxs' has an install time switch to include the proper line in httpd.conf,
but have it commented out.  See apxs(8) - it's "-A" (as opposed to the
normal "-a" option).