Subject: Re: NetBSD master CVS tree commits
To: Hubert Feyrer <feyrer@rfhs8012.fh-regensburg.de>
From: Curt Sampson <cjs@portal.ca>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 07/24/1998 18:07:57
On Fri, 24 Jul 1998, Hubert Feyrer wrote:

> This reminds me of something a local NetBSD/pkg user bugged me about some
> days ago. Looking at pkgsrc/www/ap-auth-cookie/pkg/MESSAGE, I wonder if we
> can't do this automatically so this works out of the box, without any user
> interaction necessary any more.

apxs did that when I did a `make install' the first time. We might
be able to convince it to do that by running it from the PLIST
file, too.

On the other hand, httpd config files are pretty site-specific
documents in many ways, and I'd be hesitant to make the next sighup
run the code just because it's installed; what if the person
installed it in order to add it to the test web server on the
machine, rather than the production one?

cjs

Curt Sampson    cjs@portal.ca	   Info at http://www.portal.ca/
Internet Portal Services, Inc.	   Through infinite mist, software reverberates