Subject: Re: why to enable working pkgs in category/Makefiles [was: Re: NetBSD master CVS tree commits ]
To: Todd Vierling <tv@pobox.com>
From: Hubert Feyrer <hubert.feyrer@rrzc1.rz.uni-regensburg.de>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 07/18/1998 16:07:38
On Sat, 18 Jul 1998, Todd Vierling wrote:
> : NO_CDROM!
> : (It's MIRROR_DISTFILE=NO if anything,
> OK, I'll set these two.
>
> Yes, I know about the argument of us dictating useability to our users, but
> it will still have pkgsrc, just no binary on the CD-ROM.  :>

Setting MIRROR_DISTFILE=NO will result in the distfile not being backet
up on ftp.netbsd.org, and if it vanishes on the master site, this pkg
will be quite useless. This mechanism is intended for pkgs which can't be
mirrored due to copyright restrictions, not to save diskspace. It's thus
better to remove it.

 - Hubert

--
Hubert Feyrer <hubert.feyrer@rz.uni-regensburg.de>