Subject: Re: NetBSD master CVS tree commits
To: Perry E. Metzger <firstname.lastname@example.org>
From: SAVE MY WALRUS <email@example.com>
Date: 07/17/1998 18:09:18
Hopefully, by the time the packages get sufficiently huge, we'll be able to
do straight-data writes to DVD drives and have a 4GB portable disk :-)
Tim Rightnour sez:
* The problem with that logic is, that eventualy our pkgsrc tree will double in
* size. And triple, etc etc etc.. Who then decides what is and isn't useful to
* our users? Sure you don't know anyone doing this.. I happen to have a few
* friends still running BBS's though.. they might find it useful..
* I'm just saying.. its gonna get alot bigger than this.. and if we start
* deciding what is and is not a "useful tool", we are eventually going to piss
* someone off. Everyone's idea of useful is bound to be different..
Have A Nice Day. (This may be pronounced differently in New York or Boston.)