Subject: Re: Things That Suck About pkgsrc
To: Charles M. Hannum <>
From: Todd Vierling <>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 07/13/1998 09:58:12
On Mon, 13 Jul 1998, Charles M. Hannum wrote:

: * Since overrides INSTALL_PROGRAM for all packages using
:   `configure', any packages which use autoconf's INSTALL_PROGRAM to
:   install scripts fail, because the INSTALL_PROGRAM we supply includes
:   `-s'.  (I had to hack around this for fetchmail and rpm.)

Those aren't the only two places it hacks around this.  The choice is either
to patch the's to use INSTALL_SCRIPT, or to have the
post-install target strip the binaries if ${STRIPFLAG} contains "-s".

-- Todd Vierling (Personal; Bus.