Subject: Today's changes
To: None <tech-pkg@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Hubert Feyrer <feyrer@rfhs8012.fh-regensburg.de>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 07/09/1998 20:10:10
Good evening!

I've just committed two changes to pkg_* and bsd.pkg.mk:

1. Replacing FreeBSD's lib for ftpio with calls to our ftp command line
   utility. This gives us support for passive FTP, proxy support, etc.
   when used with pkg_add and pkg_info.

2. Extending pkg_info's -e option to allow specifying wildcards in the pkg
   name to check for, and also change the semantics to print out any pkgs
   installed, if found. (Please note the plural here - necessary with a
   pkg update was done with "pkg_add -f", or for a upgrade using symlinks
   in /var/db/pkg). Printing of the pkgs found can be supressed with the
   -q option to pkg_info (the return code will still be set ok).

	miyu% pkg_info -e mtools-3.6
	mtools-3.6
	miyu% pkg_info -e mtools-\*
	mtools-3.6

If you encounter any problems, please let me know, preferably using
send-pr.

 - Hubert

--
Hubert Feyrer <hubert.feyrer@rz.uni-regensburg.de>