Subject: RE: New "xpkgwedge" package
To: Tim Rightnour <root@garbled.net>
From: Todd Vierling <tv@pobox.com>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 06/26/1998 23:30:08
On Fri, 26 Jun 1998, Tim Rightnour wrote:

: #  This odd-looking pkg (if you see its Makefile, it has _no_ distfiles)
: #  addresses the concerns raised in a recent tech-userlevel thread:  It
: #  provides a way for X11 pkgs to be compiled such that they install in
: #  /usr/pkg and not in /usr/X11R6.

: Do you guys still need me to run a test of this.. I was planning on doing a
: test build of the entire pkgsrc tree tonight.  Let me know if I shouldn't
: bother.

If you feel like it.  I can foresee that some pkgs might have problems--in
particular, Mozilla and/or Lesstif could (just a gut feeling, not based on
rational technical information).  Any problems that do come up should be
addressed, as it is likely that the NetBSD pkgmaintainers will want to do a
shift to /usr/pkg with 1.4.